The simple act of massaging your face with a face roller has a ton of benefits for the skin. It may even reduce stress and release tension, just like a body massage would.
- Improves blood circulation in the face and make your skin look brighter and feel firmer.
- Decreases puffiness. Rolling may also decrease puffiness (like hard-to-handle under eye bags) by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Can contour the face. As the roller drains fluid from the face, it helps to contour your face temporarily. The best way to use the tool for draining and contouring is to roll up at an angle and then push the roller downward by the ear. The process helps direct excess fluid to the lymph nodes.
- Cools and soothes your skin. If you store your roller in the refrigerator it’ll cool the skin on contact. This can quickly de-puff your skin and tighten pores.
- Distributes skincare product. Rollers are typically used with an oil or moisturizer to help the tool glide across your skin. It’s said this process can deliver product deeper into your skin.
How to use it?
- Apply a facial oil, serum, or moisturizer.
- Start at the neck and roll upward, not back and forth.